Registered users can lodge a complaint against the insurance companies through the Integrated Grievance Management System of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority. The policy holders can file complaints and track its status as well. Users have to register themselves to avail this online service.
How to make a complaint, If you are unhappy with your insurance company
- Approach the Grievance Redressal Officer of its branch or any other office that you deal with. Click here for mail ids of Grievance Redressal Officers, GRO, of all insurance companies
- Give your complaint in writing along with the necessary support documents
- Take a written acknowledgement of your complaint with the date.
The insurance company should deal with your complaint within 15 days.
- If that does not happen or if you are unhappy with their solution you can:
- Approach the Grievance Redressal Cell of the Consumer Affairs Department of IRDA:
- Call Toll Free Number 155255 (or) 1800 4254 732 or
- Send an e-mail to [email protected]
- Make use of the Integrated Grievance Management System:
- Register and monitor your complaint at igms.irda.gov.in
- Send a letter to IRDAI with your complaint:
- Click here to download Complaint Registration Form
- Fill and send the Complaint Registration Form along with any letter or enclosures, if felt necessary, by post or courier to:
The General Manager,
Consumer Affairs Department - Grievance Redressal Cell,
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)
3-5-817/818, United India Towers, 9th Floor,
Hyderabad – 500 029
Advertisement: How to Make a Complaint